Thursday, June 28, 2007

Old and Uncool

I'm too old and uncool to know anything about her, but I really like that Amy Winehouse song, "Rehab". I liked it the first time I heard it, which is rare for me. A song usually has to grow on me. But I saw her sing it on something not long ago, and I thought it was different and catchy. Then I heard it playing overhead at the gym the other day. If the rest of her latest CD is equally catchy, I might just have to pick it up.

Also, here's another favorite tune that once again proves how out of it I am musically -- John Legend's 'Save Room'. I hear it once or twice a day on the local jazz/R&B station, and it sort of transports me somewhere. It's refreshing, like cool water on a hot day. I might have to go find more stuff by him as well.

It's so sad. As a teen, I remember how out of it my parents seemed musically, and I thought they were so old and uncool and that I would never be like that. But it looks like I am. Show me a Top Ten list, and I might have inadvertently heard of one or two of the artists contributing, but that's about it. How does that happen?

2 comments:

Miss Forthright said...

John Legend isn't sad or uncool- the man is a god! I want to marry him.

M said...

Hmmm....Mrs. Forthright Legend has a definite ring to it. :)