Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Just Say No

It's Valentines Day, and the TV is full of public marriage proposals with random couples professing their passion for each other.

Just once...just ONCE...when the guy gets down on his knee and pops the question in front of a cast of thousands, I want some cool chick to say, "NO." And "Not no, but HELL NO" would be grand!

That's what the guy gets for taking an intimate moment and turning it into a spectacle. He gets a very public NO!! There's your spectacle!

I guess this leaves me out of the "hopeless romantic" category.

1 comment:

SandDancer said...

I'm with you on this. I would hate to be proposed to in that manner - I can't think of many worse things.

But I don't think it makes you unromantic, because this isn't a romantic thing to do. Its an attention-seeking, tacky way to carry out what should be a private, intimate moment.

I saw 10 couples getting married at the top of the Empire State Building a few years ago on Valentines Day. It was probably the least romantic thing I've ever seen. It was like a production line of brides, mixed in with the tourists.