Thursday, July 5, 2007

Sex & the Cinema

I've just read that there is now a 'Sex and the City' movie in the works.

I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, I miss the girls greatly...mostly on a Friday night when TV generally sucks, and I'd like to snuggle up with my man, a pizza, a bottle of wine and Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte. (I do miss those nights!)

On the other hand, the series ended on a good note -- everyone was with someone and happy. Miranda was with Steve, Samantha was with her boy-toy model, Charlotte had married the bald lawyer, and finally and most importantly, Carrie was back with Big. Oh, and we also learned that his real name is 'John'. Finally.

So WHAT are they going to do with this story in a movie? If they break up Big and Carrie one more time, I'm just going to scream. It took us 7 or 8 years to get them together and send them off into 'happily ever after', and if they screw that up with a new script, I'm going to just absolutely throw an official hissy fit...an especially loud and ugly one. SATC WRITERS: DON'T DO IT. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Please, please....just leave well enough alone.

No comments: