Wednesday, August 29, 2007

High Noon

Today at noon, I have been summoned back to the potential 'office' for further discussion and to meet a few team members. I can't help but think this is a good sign, although I know I will be raising some eyebrows of people (men) who will be threatened by an 'unknown player' from the CEOs past life possibly making an entrance. Not surprisingly, the organization has broken into camps of "Jim's people" versus the "non-Jim's people", with the intimidation factor high among the nJP crowd.

Still, I will go and try to be somewhat non-threatening, although I'm starting to think a little threat may be good. They don't know me. They don't know how highly (or not) Jim thinks of me, and they will be wondering 'what's is up with that'? Sometimes it's nice to be the mystery person. It can wield a lot of power, and for the first time, maybe I need to try to harness that and use it rather than relinquish it to make others feel comfortable (which is my general nature). Maybe I'll just let them sweat a little and see what happens. :)

Of course, I don't have 'the job' yet, but there are some good signs here.

1 comment:

Carlito86 said...

Good signs M, good signs indeed. I've got my fingers crossed for you. x