It appears that I've been tagged, and that means I need to post 7 random things about me that you don't know. So here's my shot at that:
1. I don't tie my shoelaces the same way you do (or the rest of the world). When I was about 4 years old, I taught myself to tie them, without the assistance of a supervising adult....I came up with my own method, and to this day, people will comment on the oddity of it, if they happen to catch me tying them.
2. I'd rather eat the frosting than the cake. Always.
3. I hate talking on the telephone and will do almost anything to avoid having to make a social call (work calls are a must, although I will email as first choice whenever possible). And I especially hate cell phones.
4. Too many of the same type of people in one place makes me nervous. I am uncomfortable in a crowd of all white, all black, all Asian, all German, all straight, all anything. Mono-gatherings feel cultish to me for some reason, and I am most relaxed in a diverse crowd of people. In fact, I enjoy it more when I am in the minority...the novelty in the crowd.
5. I want to be married either once or about eight times. Currently working on just the one. But if it doesn't work out, I'll seek at least seven more proposals. :) Getting married is so romantic; being married not so much. So, why not?
6. The oldest dress in my closet is probably 18 years old. That's what happens when you buy the classics -- they become vintage in your own closet. I actually have a pair of jeans that is 20 years old. I don't wear them, but I keep them and try them on once a year to make sure they still fit.
7. I secretly admire daring women, even when they break social and moral rules. For example, Carla Bruni fascinates me. She's very aware of her power as a beautiful woman, and she unabashedly uses it to move about the world. Yes, much of it is wrong and oh so scandalous, but it fascinates me to see her toss off the mores of society and do whatever she wants....and get away with it so stylishly. Fabulous! I would never have the boldness to live like that, and it certainly has its downsides, but I secretly love audacity of it all.
That's the Top 7.