Friday, April 4, 2008

A Good Problem to Have

This is a problem, albeit a good one to have.

I posted my resume online on a few job boards, and this week, I have been inundated with responses from employers and recruiters. Now I know these things come in waves. I'll have 10 calls this week, none the next. But when they come at you, they come fast and furious. Yesterday, I had 5 inquiries from recruiters.

*catches breath*

I've been through 4 rounds of interviews with one particular opportunity, and next up they want me to fly in and speak with the CEO. While I'm gung ho to do that, I almost hate to move things along with this so quickly with all the other potential gigs knocking on my door.

This morning, I got a call from an executive I used to work with. He has taken over as leader of North American sales for a global consulting and technology firm, and he wants to grab me quickly before I get scooped up by someone else. (He got wind that I was back in the market and opps were flying my way left and right.) I really like working for this guy, and he is likely the best fit from a culture standpoint, but the other company (4 rounds of interviews) almost feels a bit more like a promotion. The downside is there's lots of travel, and I don't know the person I'd be working for.

So lots to think about, much to figure out, and very little time to do it in. I have made a list of my criteria on a decision -- compensation, quality of life, career potential, etc. -- and I'm trying to use that as a guide. But this is tough. What does one do, and how does one really decide?

Like I said, a good problem to have.

No comments: