Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Done!

I've been meaning to post this but have been too busy gathering my thoughts and trying to wring the current chaos from my days. I have made a job decision!

It was not easy, and I will have regrets about not taking the other. But if I had taken the other, I'd have regrets about not taking this one. So goes the world....

I have taken a strategy position with a global consulting and technology provider. I will be coming in just under Vice President level, so there's something to shoot for immediately. We'll see how long it takes me to get there....there aren't many (almost none, in fact) women in VP positions, so we'll see if I can plant a flag there in the near future!

I will be working on the Global Team (the company is based in Paris, my boss is Canadian, and his boss is in the UK)....focused on helping them become more successful in the North American market. I have a track record of sales success in this area, but this time I am going to help them from a strategy perspective, trying to help position them to go to market more effectively. So I won't actually be doing the sales thing myself (although perhaps as an exception, if needed)...I'll be more focused on marketing, branding, alliances, sales operations and bid management. And I'm excited about it!

I'll start next week...until then, I'm at the Florida house, trying to soak up a quick tan.

Upward and onward!

No comments: