Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Gratitude

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for so much. As many of you know, it has been a difficult year in many ways. Still, I believe difficult times can make us all the more humble and thankful for the blessings we do have. I happened upon this quote earlier this week and embraced it:

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."

My goal is to be consciously thankful each and every day for the blessings bestowed on me. It turns what we have into enough....that one line says so much to me.

Without gratitude, nothing good in the universe can come to you. I keep coming back to this thought over and over again. Something in it has resonated with me.

No comments: