Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Excess Energy of an amateur Bond Girl

It's January, and I seem to have a little extra energy to deal with. It's been a year since I left the evil corporate empire and a job that strangled the life out of me daily, and it's taken me a whole year to regain some motivation to be productive. Now that the batteries are in re-charge mode, I'm not quite sure what to do with all of it. I've been channeling some of it into exercise. In addition to the usual gym visits, I've been randomly throwing on my Nikes for a run whenever a burst hits me. It's starting to show up in my jeans -- and that's a good thing -- but if I keep this up, I will be banned from the fashion catwalks of Milan forever. Another career option down the drain (as if....) :):)

I've also been channeling some of it into more creative endeavors, mostly writing. It's the only semi-talent I have, truly. I spent the first 20 years of my adult life being the logic queen. About the time that lobe of my brain started to protrude from my head, I decided I needed to cut back on the logic and nurture the poor, neglected, withered creative side. So I'm starting to write down all kinds of things (including this blog) in order to keep my sanity...or at least maintain my current level of insanity.

With a little free time earlier this week, I hit a sale at Neiman Marcus (where I NEVER shop, unless it's a huge sale...and this was) and bought a Dina Bar-El dress that is to die for (and dirt cheap, too). Didn't think it would fit...it was on the size 4 rack...put it on...and voila - fit like a glove. Must be all those energy bursts and the extra running....but now I'll have to keep it up just to get into the dress. It'll go straight to the "skinny" side of my closet.

Anyway, I dubbed the dress my "Bond Girl" dress because it makes me feel like one when I put it on. It's SOOOOOO Vesper Lynd. (Okay, so I'm delusional, too.) And what's a Bond Girl dress without Bond Girl shoes? So that became yesterday's top secret mission du jour...at Nordstroms.

When I stepped into the shoe department -- and I am not lying about this -- the Nordie's pianist started playing the theme from James Bond. Completely random. What are the odds of that? There I was, on a top secret mission to find Bond Girl shoes, and Nordstrom's was providing the theme music. Is that service or what? :) At that point, I knew the planets must be aligned, and the Bond Girl shoes could not be far away.

Mission accomplished? You bet. And now....to which exotic locale will I wear this glamorous get-up? Hmmmm....that's the real dilemma. What's a Bond Girl to do?

2 comments:

Miss Forthright said...

Hi there *waves*

I see the Bond fantasy has made its impression on your blog too!

M said...

Indeed, it has. I'm sure there will be more. :)