Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day Tripper

Day-tripper, yeah.

Or so it feels that way.

San Diego, Dallas, Chicago, Dallas and San Diego again.


I've spent much of the last week on a jet, going somewhere.


Tonight, I'll end up back in San Diego, which is the preferred city out of the list noted above.


Dallas is too hot right now. 103 degrees yesterday.


Chicago is never where I want to be. Some people love that city, but I have yet to find anything that makes me pine away to go there.


And San Diego....ah San Diego. Lovely city, unpleasant business. Still, the weather is divine, temperatures are topping out at 73 degrees, I am walking distance to the marina and some of the most fabulous sites. The unpleasantries are on their way to concluding, hopefully in the next week or two. And Fourth of July weekend is forthcoming. I'd rather spend it in lovely San Diego than in many places I could think of. So unpleasantries, bleh. I'll try not to let them spoil my stay.

I can hardly wait to go back to having regular problems again, the same problems other people have instead of this albatross that was put around our necks almost two years ago. It weighs heavy. And I'm done with it.

No comments: