Sunday, August 22, 2010

Il Dolce Far Niente

It's been another long stretch without visiting the blogosphere - a testimony to the pace of my life -- entirely too busy.

I'm spending the weekend enjoying 'the sweetness of doing nothing'. I just saw 'Eat, Pray, Love', (the film) and disappointing as it was, compared to the book, I did walk away reminding myself to take some time for life's pleasures. This weekend, I've slept in, taken a Saturday afternoon nap, cuddled up on the sofa to watch a movie and lingered over coffee on a Sunday morning. All good things, all important ingredients in doing nothing and loving it. No, not productive, not ticking things off the 'to-do' list, not moving anything forward in any way....just savoring il dolce far niente. *sigh* I need to put that on my 'to-do' list permanently. Why are the Italians so wise? Perhaps wisdom about life comes with thousands of years of living it.

No comments: