Thursday, October 9, 2008

Time to Be Conservative

Looks like the party is over. Time to nurse the global hangover.

In the past week, I've lost 30%+ of my 401K value. I fear I will never be able to retire.


Thankfully, I got out of the stock market with my other forms of savings a year ago, when the market was at an all-time high. Pure luck, no skill involved there.


Cash is king now, so I'm conserving. No major purchases (and very few minor), no big dinners out, no clothes shopping binges, no vacations, nada. Just the simple, conservative life until the storm passes, which could be a while.


The really amazing thing is that we're about to elect a man and a party who were primary offenders and causes of the world's current financial woes. It's like hiring an arsonist to put out a fire. It's crazy that people aren't paying attention. I fear this country has lost its way...and its mind.


God help us all.



No comments: