Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter in Big D

I have returned to Dallas for Easter weekend and few days beyond. It's the first time I've seen the sun in Dallas in a while. The few days I've spent here this year have all been cold and rainy, a disappointment after looking forward to 'going urban' so we could walk everywhere. But today, it's sunny and beautiful, as are many spring days here. We walked everywhere yesterday and enjoyed the blue sky, daffodils, tulips and budding trees all along the way. Dallas does spring really well, I must say.

It's so nice to be away from the office in Florida and the work wind-down that is going on. Being in the office is a negative now, because people are already treating me like I'm not there. It's a downer, and I just need to remove myself from it. But I feel like they are paying me through March 31, and I should at least be making an effort to add some sort of value.

But for the next few days, I'll work remotely from Dallas, so it's nice to be away from the negative environment. If not out of mind, at least it's out of sight. And that helps.

Plus, I am talking to other companies about moving on to new opportunities, and that's a positive for me. So things are moving along, in transition, and I will be on my way with something else shortly.

Happy Easter, all.

No comments: