Friday, February 22, 2008

Same Time This Year

Some of you may remember my lamenting last year's Oscar weekend, and the dilemma of the brother-in-law who decided to make his annual 6-hour visit right in the middle of red carpet watching, the one celebrity event I look forward to all year. He and his wife came, pre-empted all the pre-show fun and left me with only the dull show itself to watch. I sucked it up and dealt with it, for my husband's sake, but I was not happy about it.

Well guess what. It's happening again this year. My brother-in-law and his wife have announced that they'll be coming to visit this Sunday mid-afternoon through early evening, once again crashing into my Oscar day.

WTF? What are the odds that the only 6 hours out of the year they choose to spend with us is on Oscar afternoon? Again! Two years in a row! Aargh!

Good thing I don't really care all that much about it this year. They broke my spirit on it last year, and the writer's strike and personal issues in my own life have pretty much caused it to fall off my radar screen.

But still....the angst of it all. Two years in a row. Ugh!

1 comment:

SandDancer said...

That is quite a coincidence! Perhaps they've found your blog and are doing it on purpose.

Did you watch it? It was on too late over here for me to watch. I think the results were all rather predictable and also having actually seen most of the nominated films this time around, I feel that a lot of them were over-rated and praise is being heaped on things just because they are better than the standard rubbish.