Thursday, January 1, 2009

Adios Holidays 2008

It was the best of holidays, it was the worst of holidays...to borrow from a writer much greater than I.

There were some good moments...and no regrets, but in between those fleeting moments, emotional heaviness reigned. Lots going on to dampen the mood, yet I am still thankful for the opportunity to spend another Christmas with my family.

I am very happy to see 2008 go. Both 2007 and 2008 have been horrific years for me. Since trouble generally comes in three's, I'm not expecting 2009 to be much better, but maybe there's a surprise out there somewhere. One never knows.

Happy New Year all.

2 comments:

SandDancer said...

Happy New Year.

I hope 2009 is better for you as you certainly deserve some more happy things than you've had since you started the blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind message, SD.

I'm generally a pretty positive person and believe I have a good life, but there have been some ugly cards popping up in the deck the past couple of years. But I suppose everyone is subject to that. I am happy to have my health, my family and my job. It's more than some others may have right now. I do feel blessed and am optimistic for 2009.

Happy New Year and best of luck in 2009 to you and yours!